|Mekatilili Wa Menza|
2.I will do it tomorrow- what are you doing today, sothat you can postpone what you need to do now? Anyway you can beat that thought using these tips from mindtools.com
3. One day am going to do it- When? stop saying that and get doing what needs to be done.Give your goals a time frame and get achieving them.You can overcome that challenge with these tips
4. This is my personality- really? I thought that personalities are not static but dynamic...beware of this one, it will inhibit your growth, stunt your brain and before you know it you are living your life in auto pilot. look, it even has relatives
Am always like thisIt runs in our familyMy father/mother had it
5. I will never attempt that again( I tried and I failed)- Abraham Lincoln failed ( read about Lincoln failures here) several times before he became president. Richard Branson (read the full story from his website (read about what Branson says about failing here) has had his fair share of failures.Needless to say but if Thomas Edison had this statement in his vocabulary, we would still be reading during daytime.
6. We have always done it this way- resistors to change love this statement.It did not stop Rosa Parks from refusing to give up her seat for a white person. she challenged the status quo ushering a new fight against racism read about her here and here.
7. I (he/She) will never change- Who died and made you God? the only person who has power to declare a human being unchangeable is God but alas even Jesus said that ' nothing is impossible with God. Sometimes all we have to do(all we are called to do) is pray and trust God to do His thing.
8.I am too this/too that-They are not weaknesses for on the opposite end of too this or that is a strength. people who talk too much are good marketors, good hypers, people who are too quiet have the ability to see things that others overlook. we only need to see that other side of what we consider weakness. Mekatilili Wa Menza was a Kenyan woman leader who led a rebellion against the british colonial administration in 1913... Mary Atieno could have said she is blind ditto Reuben Kigame.but my favourite of them is Joyce Meyer with her mouth, boy! can she talk..
( you can’t teach an old dog new tricks) tell Colonel Sanders that..He started the Kentucky Fried Chicken at the age of 67 9.If only I was….. or so and so is in my way- the only person who is in your way is you!nothing can stop you from doing what you want to do.Nothing stopped Elizabeth Blackwell, M.D from becoming the first woman doctor. read her story here.