Friday 8 November 2013

MY Best Decision ever.

That day I came face to face with my truth which was that a decision needed to be made.
 What to do I asked myself? Was I going to stay with him or was I going to leave? And if I left what would happen to my status, my stability and my relationships? But if I stayed what then; could I continue lying to the two most important people I Knew (God and me?).
Could I continue lying to myself that I was happy yet I was miserable? Could I continue ignoring the disquiet in my heart any longer; did I have the strength to continue pretending to my community?
That day of truth was when I discovered that he was cheating on me, that he was doing it without protection.he passed on an infection, I confronted him; he laid the blame on me and said that I was the one cheating on him. I knew myself; I knew the value I had placed on this relationship.
 The truth was that I was being naïve and foolish to think the feelings and the value of the relationship was mutual.
That day I realized nothing was mutual for us except the misery, but he was willing to go on with the farce but unfortunately for him I was not willing to go on, I walked out.
That became one of the best decisions I have ever made; for it gave God a chance to minister to me which has transformed me into a confident woman who knows and understands that God loves her without measure.

I acknowledged my truth and it set me free.
Five Minute Friday

1 comment:

  1. Wow, just wow. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing so deeply from the heart. There is power in our truths and this is powerful. Thankfully, God loves to meet us in the messy:) He is our sustainer when nothing else is. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete