Monday 2 December 2013

How to change your thought patterns.

One of the biggest issues that I have to deal with as a christian is the issue of  how big I think God is, versus how big I know God is.I have discovered that I can think all I want about God  but if I have not grasped  the wonders of His majesty, then those wonders ;His greatness is not something that will be applicable to me in my everyday life;and when its not applicable, I cannot live my life as abundantly as God would want me to.
This issue was such a big issue for me that one day I took an orange luminous paper and wrote on it the above message so that  every morning when I woke up I  would see the message.
What is your concept of God?How do you make your decisions? Are you living your life as boundlessly as God would want you to? and how do you get to a place where  you know you can totally trust God?
My prayer is that the following steps will help you as travel this road of faith.
  • Ask God to  fill you  with His spirit.In order for our thoughts  to transformed, we need to be under the control of God,the moment that God fills us  with his  spirit , He will be in control.
  • Read the word,meditate upon it and with the help of the spirit of God, let the word of God permeate every fiber of your being.
  • With the help of the Spirit of God,trace back your thought patterns. (nothing has helped conquer my negativity the way tracing back my thought patterns has).  Thought patterns are formed by the people who brought us up; if your parents are positive thinkers then it follows that you are more likely to end up a positive thinker and if your lineage is filled up with people who are negative( Like mine is) then don't be surprised if you think that nothing can change.

  • With help of the spirit of God, search your heart for impure motives.Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. 1 Peter 2:1-3 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.impure motives are breeding ground for the devil and his minions. Impure motives are caused by sins like envy, malice, greed and such like  read...... 

Such sins are the foothold and handholds that enemy will use to attach himself to our being and thus control our thoughts.

  • Watch who you  hang out with. Remember 1st Corinthians 15:33 ' Bad company corrupts good character.The friends that we hang out with  seriously influence the way we think. so what are your friends thinking because even if you are not thinking like that now; you will eventually do.

  • Watch what you watch. Most people tend to watch the same genres of movies and programming;eventually these things that we watch tend to subtly influence our  thought patterns and with time we end up giving a foothold to the devil. 
Most Christians err in the simple fact that they do not make the use of the help available to us through the person of the holy spirit.Do not make that error, today ask God to baptize you with his spirit.
Every child of God should be baptized in the holy spirit in order for us to live abundant lives we must baptized by the holy spirit.

Don't forget  that you are Work in Progress.God is not yet done!







No comments:

Post a Comment